Costa Rica is open for tourism and has thus far had one of the lowest COVID-19 mortality rates in Latin America. The government has been managing the virus successfully. The Ministry of Health and the Costa Rican Tourism Institute in Costa Rica have defined preventative sanitary measures.
In response to these measures, we would like to inform our guests on the Costa Rica entry requirements as well as Crocodile Bay Resort’s health and safety protocols.
**NEW: Due to the USA’s new CDC policy requiring all international travelers to provide a negative Covid-19 test result prior to re-entering the country, Crocodile Bay Resort has facilitated a system whereby this service will be provided directly on site at the resort. Our local medical professionals will provide this service to our guests daily, after your adventures in the rainforest or at sea have come to a happy ending. Your test results will be emailed directly to you the day prior to your international flight back home! It is that easy. Our theory is that the less time doing what you must do means you have more time to create memories in the sun, the fresh air, and right here in paradise with your loved ones. “Pura Vida!!”
In preparation for your trip:
- Please plan for additional check-in time at the airport. We recommend that you should be at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight’s departure time. Due to the additional COVID requirements and paperwork check-in takes longer than usual.
- Please note that upon arrival in Costa Rica the immigration and passport check may also take longer than usual.
- All guests will need to show proof of the purchase of medical travel insurance before their trip. Crocodile Bay will help you select an approved travel insurance provider and policy that best fits your needs.
- All guests will need to fill out this online form before check-in at the airport. (Link: https://salud.go.cr/).
- No COVID Test is required and travelers will NOT have to quarantine upon arrival.
- As of November 1, all US States are allowed to enter Costa Rica.
COVID-19 health requirements while in Costa Rica:
All visitors must follow these COVID-19 health requirements (mandated by the Ministry of Health and the Costa Rica Tourism Institute) while in Costa Rica:
- Wearing a mask in all indoor public spaces and on public transportation (including airport shuttles).
- Follow social distancing markers and instructions (1.8 meters or 6 feet is the general social distance).
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19), additional safety and sanitation measures are currently in effect at Crocodile Bay Resort *:
1.During Arrival and Airport Pick-up
- The airport pick-up shuttle driver will be wearing a mask and gloves to help you with your luggage.
- Driver and clients are asked to keep the recommended social distance of 1.8m/ 6ft.
- Clients are asked to wear a mask during the shuttle drive to the hotel.
- The shuttle driver will disinfect the entire vehicle before picking up new clients.
2. Domestic Flights within Costa Rica
- All guests are asked to be at the domestic airport terminal at SJO 1:15 hours before the flight departure time.
- Luggage will be treated with disinfecting sprays at the airport by the airline personnel.
3. At Check-in at Crocodile Bay Resort
- Before entering the lobby area we ask our clients to use the hand-disinfection alcohol gel provided in the stations around the resort.
- If there are several people at check-in or check-out, we ask your group to keep a distance of 1.8m / 6ft from the next group or the next “social bubble”.
- Check-in staff will be wearing masks at all times.
- The lobby staff will frequently disinfect the lobby desk and other high contact areas.
4. Rooms and Housekeeping
- The resort cleaning staff follows a strict COVID cleaning protocol, including disinfecting surfaces of greatest contact, such as telephone handles and dial pads, doorknobs and handles, closets and drawers, control for A/C units, the keys, light switches, lamps, coffee maker, and of course the bathroom.
- The cleaning staff will be wearing gloves and masks at all times.
5. Restaurant and Bar
- Before entering the restaurant/bar area, all guests are asked to use the hand-disinfection alcohol gel station.
- Before entering the restaurant/ bar area we ask all clients to step on a disinfecting mat to clean their shoes.
- Masks must be worn when entering the bar and restaurant area, and once you are starting to consume your drinks and food you may take the mask off.
- The tables are positioned 1.8m/ 6ft apart.
- All waiting staff have to wear masks.
6. During Eco-Tours
- During excursions the eco-staff will be wearing masks.
- Staff will practice 1.8m/ 6ft social distancing with guests whenever possible.
- Before boarding the boats we ask all clients to wash their hands right at the hand-washing station at the pier.
- Before entering the boat all clients will be asked to step on disinfection mats to clean their shoes.
- The crew will be wearing masks.
- Clients do not need to wear a mask during fishing.
- All guests are asked to step on the disinfecting mat before entering the Spa.
- All guests are asked to disinfect their hands at the alcohol-gel station before entering the Spa.
- The Spa staff is wearing masks at all times.
- Increased cleaning protocol of disinfecting areas with the greatest contact (door knobs/ handles, change rooms and washrooms).
9. Resort common areas
- The hotel staff will be disinfecting areas of the greatest contact hourly, including the lobby, desks, and tables, and door handles.
- The regular hotel cleaning staff will be cleaning all publicly shared areas, surfaces, shared bathrooms, and the reception three times a day.
All Crocodile Bay Resort employees have to get their body temperature measured before entering to work. If any employee shows symptoms of illness they will be sent home or asked to stay home. If any of the employees’ families present symptoms of the flu, they are also asked to stay home. For all employees, it is mandatory to wear their masks while at the resort and they have to practice frequent hand-washing and hand-sanitizing throughout their shift.
*Note that the current protocols and governmental measures are subject to change, depending on the development of the disease COVID-19.
CANCELLATION POLICY CROCODILE BAY – COVID-19
In order to increase the amount of confidence that our clients have in making travel plans during these somewhat uncertain times, Crocodile Bay Resort will offer refunds to any clients who cannot travel to their scheduled vacation due to their home state or country being shut down, Costa Rica’s International Airport being closed, or if they themselves have Covid-19. For more information please contact a Crocodile Bay Representative.