Nature Air Baggage information for costa rica flights
Nature Air permits between 15 lbs. and 40 lbs. of checked baggage per person, determined by the fare class purchased.
what is your baggage allowance?
All passengers have the right to check one bag with a maximum size not exceeding 50 linear inches / 127 cm. (length + width + height). Any luggage exceeding weight allowance (determined by fare type) and/or size will be subject to space availability and charged according to the excess luggage fees below. Over-sized luggage or bags exceeding 60 pounds will be charged as cargo and subject to space availability.
The following baggage allowances apply depending on the fare type selected:
|Fare Class||Checked Bag Allowance|
Excess luggage must be paid for at the airport prior to travel. The following fees apply:
|1 to 5 pounds||$7|
|6 to 15 pounds||$20|
|16 to 30 pounds||$40|
|31 to 60 pounds||$60|
- All passengers may bring one piece of carry-on luggage as long as it does not exceed the 10-pound weight limit and a maximum size not exceeding 33 linear inches / 84 cm. (length + height + width). Any carry – on luggage exceeding the maximum weight and/or size will be considered and charged as excess luggage.
- For passengers exceeding their baggage allowance, please allow extra time at the airport to pay the excess. Our check-in facilities will close 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. Passengers who fail to complete check-in procedures by this time will not be able to travel.
- Remember, all luggage is subject to space availability and cannot be guaranteed transfer on the same flight as the ticketed passenger. In case regular luggage is denied boarding to meet operational weight or safety requirements, Nature Air assumes the responsibility of sending it to the passenger’s final destination (up to 5 miles away of final airport destination) during the next 24 hours.
- Excess luggage for Tortuguero and Punta Islita will be charged round trip in San Jose the day of your first flight, since we do not have ground staff to proceed with this charges.
the following items CANNOT be carried in your hand baggage:
- Toy or replica guns (plastic or metal)
- Aerosol sprays (suntan lotion, deodorant, bug spray etc.)
- Water samples
- Household cutlery
- Knives with blades (of any length)
- Razor blades
- Tradesmen tools
- Knitting needles
- Sporting bats
- Billiards, pool cues
- Hypodermic syringes
other dangerous articles that cannot be carried:
For safety reasons, dangerous items such as those listed below must not be carried in your carry-on or checked baggage (list includes but is not limited to):
- Cigarette lighters/matches (not permitted in carry-on baggage to any destination)
- Aerosol sprays (suntan lotion, deodorant, bug spray etc.)
- Water samples
Compressed gases – refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders
- Corrosives such as acids, allis, mercury and wet cell batteries
- Explosives – Fireworks, flares, sparklers or other explosives
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel, paints, thinner and firelighters
- Radioactive materials
- Briefcases and attached cases with installed alarm devices
Oxidizing material such as bleaching powder, peroxides
Weapons such as disabling sprays e.g. tear gas, mace, pepper spray
- Firearms and a limited quantity of ammunition may be carried subject to proper packaging but you must contact us in advance
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed killers and live virus materials
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized material, offensive or irritating materials
Nature Air will do its best to send surfboards on your flight or the next available Nature Air flight to your destination. Nature Air will not be held responsible for the delayed arrival of surfboards due to operational or space issues.
If a surf board is delayed, the passenger will be fully responsible for picking the board up at the destination airport at a later time or date as coordinated by Nature Air.
Surf boards longer than 6.6 feet can only be transported with a purchase of 3 additional seats due to space limitations.
Confirmation of space can only be given on day of departure at the gate. Reservations are not accepted.
Longboards and Kayaks are not accepted at all, due to space restrictions.
We do not accept bikes if not in a proper protective bag.
All bikes are subject to space and weight availability.
- Wheels must be deflated for transportation.
- Only one bike per flight and per bag.
- Confirmation of space can only be given on day of departure at the gate as reservations are not accepted.
Collapsible wheelchairs, canes, crutches, walking frames and other mobility aids or medical equipment are carried free of charge and not as part of your normal baggage allowance. A wheelchair is available at Juan Santamaría Airport and the Liberia Airport only. Electric wheelchairs are not permitted at this time due to local Civil Aviation Regulations.
Please advise firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be arriving in a wheelchair.
need to make a baggage claim?
If your bag hasn’t been found after 21 days, we consider the bag to be ‘irretrievably lost’ and our Baggage Claims Department will process your claim. If your bag or its contents have been significantly damaged while in our care and the damage has been reported to our baggage service agents at the airport, they will assess the damage and proceed to settle your claim immediately.
Baggage claims can only be accepted in writing. A printable version of our baggage claim form is available by clicking on the link below. This form must be printed out, completed in full and returned to our Central Baggage Claims Department at the addresses listed.
To view your claim form online, you’ll need Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don’t have this simply click here to download a free copy. If you are having difficulty accessing the claim form PDF please contact the relevant office below who will send a form to you.
Nature Air, Customer Service Department contact: Juan Santamaría Airport , San Jose Costa Rica, Tel: (506) 2299 6000, Fax: (506) 2220 0413, E mail: email@example.com
All international carriers have a limited liability when it comes to lost and/or damaged baggage.
For our complete list of Terms & Conditions, please download the following PDF file: Terms & Conditions
Due to the limits of liability, we strongly recommend that Passengers take out their own insurance, or declare the value of their property as ‘excess value’. There will be a charge of 1% per £66/US$100 above the regular liability. We will not accept a declaration above £1,700 / US$2,500 per bag.
All baggage claims must be substantiated by documented proof of purchase, including the date and purchase price. Depreciation will be deducted at our discretion.
We regret that we cannot accept liability for:
- Valuable/fragile items (including but not limited to money, jewelry, precious metals, computers, personal electronic devices)
- Important/valuable documentation (including but not limited to business documents, passports, negotiable papers, securities, deeds)
- Perishable items
- Security items
- Medicines or medical equipment
- House or car keys
- Damage and/or loss of articles contained in baggage deemed to be overpacked or unsuitably packed and/or protected, already damaged and those not suitable as checked baggage i.e. carrier bags/paper boxes.
flying with pets? we are happy to have them with us on your next journey.
- All pets weighing more than 15 pounds must be transported in an appropriate container.
- Dogs or pets less than 15 pounds in a special bag or container can be carried with the passenger in the cabin for USD $15.
- The carrying fee is $25 for dogs or pets weighing from 15 pounds to 30
- The carrying fee is $45 for dogs or pets weighing from 30.5 pounds up to 45 pounds
- The carrying fee is $60 for dogs or pets weighing from 45.5 pounds up to 70 pounds
- Dogs or pets weighing more than 70 pounds will be subject to space availability and will be charged according to cargo prices
assistance dogs are allowed in the cabin with the passenger.
A written request must be sent prior to day of flight as well as when reservation is made – we ask that you notify our reservations agents if you will be using a guide dog.