Welcome to NatureAir, The Only All Twin Engine Fleet in Costa Rica
Important Update Concerning Nature Air's Weight Policy: Please Read Carefully
NatureAir Weight Notice: Notice is given regarding our domestic air carriers weight policy. This is for the safety and well being of the passengers, and we urge your cooperation regarding this serious (and somewhat awkward) matter. Please feel free to contact us or Natureair with questions, or to notify us of your desire to purchase a second seat in accordance with the policy. Thanks for your cooperation.
"Passengers who are more than 250lbs of physical weight are required to pay 2 airfare seat rates. This is due to, aircraft and seat weight capacity, and flight comfort, this over charge will be done at airport on day of departure. 20% discount will apply if confirm thru reservation before date of departure.
Please visit www.natureair.com for further details.
NatureAir Information and Policies
Flying is by far the best way to get from Costa Rica's International Airport (SJO) to Crocodile Bay Resort. Driving can take up to 6 hrs and during certain times of the year, high river levels and other obstacles can make driving an impossibility. Round trip, local flights are included in our Platinum Transfer Package.
Since 2004, Nature Air has been the first airline to compensate for 100% of its carbon emissions from flight operations. We do this thru a locally certified compensation program, certified by the government and international third party auditors. Nature Air has chosen to support reforestation and conservation programs to help combat the impacts of deforestation in Costa Rica.
Toll Free Number - 1 (800) 235-9272
Local (506) 7-299-6000
Nature Air permits a maximum of 30 lbs. per person for checked in baggage and a small handbag for the cabin, our aircrafts do not have any overhead baggage compartments.
- All passengers have the right to bring one bag with a weight not to exceed 30 pounds and a maximum size not exceeding 50 linear inches / 127 cm. (length + width + height). Any luggage exceeding the maximum weight and/or size will be considered and charged as excess luggage.
- All passengers may bring one piece of carry on luggage as long as it does not exceed the 10-pound weight limit and a maximum size not exceeding 33 linear inches / 84 cm. (length + height + width). Any carry - on luggage exceeding the maximum weight and/or size will be considered and charged as excess luggage.
- Excess luggage will be charged at the airport. The following fees apply:
- 1 to 30 pounds or one additional luggage has a $25 penalty.
- 31 to 45 pounds or two additional luggage pieces must pay $50.
- 46 to 70 pounds or three additional luggage pieces must pay $75.
- Any piece of luggage exceeding 71 pounds will be charged as cargo.
For passengers exceeding their baggage allowance, please allow extra time at the airport to pay the excess. Our check in facilities will close 20 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time of the flight. Passengers who fail to complete check in procedures by this time will not be able to travel.
We do offer an additional 5 lbs. per person than other airlines, you might be saying to yourself "5 lbs. - big deal," but honestly how much clothing do you need in the tropics?
As a service to those traveling Nature Air, we do offer our passengers secured luggage storage, leave us your dirty boots and go have fun on the beach, but don't expect us to clean them.
Sporting equipment, such as surfboards, are subject to space and are charged at an extra fee of $40 per flight.
Again, no luggage regardless of weight is guaranteed transfer on the same flight as the ticketed passenger.
The following items CANNOT be carried in your hand baggage:
- Toy or replica guns (plastic or metal)
- Household cutlery
- Knives with blades (of any length)
- Paper knives
- Razor blades
- Tradesmen's tools
- Knitting needles
- Sporting bats
- Billiard, snooker, pool cues
- Hypodermic syringes
If you have a medical reason that means you need to inject during the flight you are permitted to carry syringes in the cabin. But you might be asked to produce medical evidence such as a doctor's letter when you check in or at security screening. The letter should be kept with you at all times.
Other dangerous articles that cannot be carried
For safety reasons, dangerous articles such as those listed below (list includes but is not limited to) must not be carried in your hand or checked baggage:
- Cigarette lighters/matches (not permitted in hold baggage to any destination)
- Compressed gases- deeply refrigerated, flammable, non-flammable and poisonous such as butane, oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders
- Corrosives such as acids, alkalis, mercury and wet cell batteries
- Explosives - Fireworks, flares, sparklers or other explosives
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel, paints, thinner and firelighters
- Radioactive materials
- Briefcases and attached cases with installed alarm devices
Oxidizing material such as bleaching powder, peroxides
Weapons such as disabling sprays e.g. tear gas, mace, pepper spray
- Firearms and a limited quantity of ammunition may be carried subject to proper packaging but you must contact us in advance
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides, weed killers and live virus materials
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized material, offensive or irritating materials
Many of these listed articles can be carried as air Air Cargo, provided they are packed in accordance with Air Cargo regulations
- We do not accept surf boards under Nature Air responsibility. Nature Air will do its best effort to send it in flight or any other available Nature Air flight.
- Nature Air cannot transport surf boards out of airports locations and only will provide air transport to Nature Air destinations.
- Surf boards bigger than 6.0 feet are rejected from transportation due to space limitations.
- Confirmation only on day of departure and at gate and no pre reservations are accepted.
- We do not accept bikes if not in proper protective bag, all bikes are subject to space and weight availability
- Wheels must be de-inflated for transportation.
- Only one bike per flight and per bag.
- Confirmation only on day of departure and no pre reservations are accepted.
Longboards and Kayaks are not accepted at all, do to space restriction.
Only All Twin Engine Fleet In Costa Rica
Two is better than one. We believe in that here at Nature Air. As part of our company policy and our commitment to our passengers, Nature Air does not fly single engine aircrafts. In fact, our fleet is made up of the largest, most comfortable aircrafts here in Costa Rica – the Canadian build De-Haviland Dash-6 Twin Otter. An aircraft world renowned for its reliability, safety and comfort. We are proud to carry on the tradition of the Twin Otter here in Costa Rica.
Panoramic Window Views
Our company mission is Creating Memorable Experiences for Travelers. As Costa Rica is one of the most beautiful places in the world, naturally the views from above are stunning. For that reason, we are proud to feature panoramic windows on our fleet of Dash-6 Twin Otters. These windows are larger than most windows found in your home and provide excellent scenic views, photo opportunities and help make every flight into a Sky Tour. Our pilots are trained to help point out attractions like waterfalls, volcanoes and landmarks along the way.
Book Your Costa Rica Fishing Vacation Today!